South By Southwest® Music News
Zorch has been called “playful, electronic rock” by Esquire, and “loud, dissonant and hectic in all the right ways” by Paste, but it’s one thing to hear the swirling synths, piano loops, and endless layers of sound -- and another to see it come together live.
- New venture seeks higher royalties for songwriters
Story from NY Times.
- Interscope CEO John Janick looks ahead
Profile from LA Times.
- Young Fathers win Mercury Prize
Story from The Guardian. ...
Folk music is typically considered the music of the people. Since groups of people vary from culture to culture, folk music, too, has adapted over the years. Occupying different spots on the folk spectrum, here are four bands who add their own twist to traditional, guitar-loaded folk....
- Labels look to 'dad rock' for Christmas season
Story from The Guardian.
- Phil Collins donates large collection of Alamo artifacts
Story from KSAT.
- Streaming apps ranked
Post from CNET. ...
Every year, the SXSW Music Festival presents a unique opportunity for many unknown and up-and-coming acts to show their stuff to a broad audience for the first time in their careers. Today’s edition of Four on the Floor honors of a few of our overseas friends (and one domestic...
- Does recorded music still have a chance?
Story from Chicago Tribune.
- YouTube chief 'optimistic' site will launch music service 'soon'
Post from CNET.
- How AEG Live markets via Facebook
Story from Pollstar. ...