The submissions are in and now it’s time to choose your own SXSW Eco adventure! Public voting opens today.
The landscape for independent record labels has changed quite a bit over the last several decades. An expert team of people with first-hand experience on the topic assembled for a discussion at the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
The panel - which included Sire Records co-founders Seymour Stein and Richard Gottehrer,...
This past March, we were happy to welcome first time music showcase presenter Boss Tweed Backline to host a killer lineup of stoner rock and metal bands at The North Door.
- Pandora wins appeals court ruling on ASCAP rates
Story from NY Times.
- Sony pulls music from Soundcloud following revenue dispute
Post from NME.
- Nina Simone's songs in limbo as Sony Music battles family over secret deal
Story from ...
After Ex Machina took its bow at the iconic Paramount Theater, the creative team, including writer/director Alex Garland, actor Oscar Isaac, director of photography Rob Hardy and composers Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury, sat down at the SXSW Film Conference for an for an hour long talk on the...
Some of the best exposure you can get at SXSW Eco is where all attendees spend their in-between time: on their mobile phones.
This weekend, psychedelic music lovers galore will be flocking out to the picturesque Carson Creek Ranch for Austin Psych Fest’s eighth annual event, Levitation. This year might just be the best lineup yet with some of the most groundbreaking acts within the scene, including The Jesus and Mary Chain,...
- A new Grooveshark is online and streaming music
Post from The Verge.
- Apple said to be without key music deals weeks ahead of rumored streaming service launch
Post from Billboard.
- De La Soul's Kickstarter campaign raises $600,874