We had a great time this year, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end. On behalf of Mazda, we look forward to seeing all of you again next year at SXSW 2016.
From oil can guitars to high-end mics, the SXSW Music Gear Expo ran the gamut from traditional instruments to cutting edge technology and featured a variety of unique interactive exhibits in 2015.
- Now that it's growing, the music industry finally forgives the internet
Story from Yahoo.
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
Post from Rolling Stone.
- What Jay Z's Tidal can and cannot do for musicians
Opinion from LA Times. ...
The post-SXSW Music Festival depression is starting to set in around SXSW HQ, but we still have a ton of great new music to look forward to this spring and summer. The following list of 10 new albums from SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists is more than enough keep you busy...
- Jay Z reveals plans for Tidal
Story from NY Times.
- What Tidal means for the freemium vs. premium debate: The industry weighs in
Story from Billboard.
- The internet took the album away, now it's giving it back
- Apple and Beats developing streaming music service to rival Spotify
Story from NY Times.
- This chart explains what is wrong with the current streaming model
Post from The Trichordist.
- SXSW 2015 wrap up
Post from NPR Music. ...
Check out the latest editions of the Lazi-i podcast courtesy of official SXSW Music Media Partner, Omaha’s The Reader. The shows were recorded live from Austin during SXSW Music last week and feature tracks by Twin Shadow, White Mystery, Dotan, Speedy Ortiz, Courtney Barnett, Best Coast, LITE, The Pop...
Be inspired all over again by reliving Saturday's Interactive Featured Sessions and Keynote through visual graphics.
All of the graphics you see were created on-site during each session, so please enjoy the session's takeaways that were instantly recorded by the agile team at ImageThink.
If you haven't seen Friday's...
- 25 recordings join the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry
Post from CBS News.
- Online record retailer Insound to close
Story from LA Times.
- Teaching the NY Times how bands do SXSW DIY style
Post from The Talkhouse. ...