It's time to start gearing up for SXSW Interactive 2016! Whether you've always wanted to be a speaker at the March event or you think your company should be recognized for a recent project, make sure to mark your calendar, set a reminder – whatever works best for you –...
- YouTube aims to be the next great music label
Post from NY Post.
- New Orleans bounce music evokes a powerful, poignant sense of place
Story from NO Times-Picayune.
- I interviewed Mark Kozelek. He called me a bitch on stage. ...
You most likely know about Boyhood from its many accolades, and of course, the tiny fact that it was filmed over a 12 year span.
But what happened after the camera stopped rolling? How do you even begin to tackle the editing process on such a project?...
Field Day festival is taking place this weekend at London's Victoria Park, and I'm headed over to take a dive with some friends and check out two days and nights of finely selected music. Here are some of my picks. Holler if you're there and enjoy!
- British acts account for 1 in 7 albums sold worldwide
Story from BBC News.
- SoundCloud reaches royalty deal with 20,000 record labels
Story from NY Times.
- The difficult work of Pandora's gadget guys
Story from SF Chronicle. ...
Some of the Alumni Films included this month are:
- I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS
- BIG IN JAPAN
- KUMIKO THE TREASURE HUNTER
- THE LITTLE DEATH
Continue for complete list with trailers and more info....
- Spotify sees a future where music genres don't really matter
Story from NY Times.
- Meredith Graves: Taking the feminist fight to punk's patriarchy
Post from The Guardian.
- These futuristic earbuds control the world's sounds
Post from CNET. ...
The call for entries for the SXSW Community Fund Grant program is in full swing, but we are still looking for applicants in the areas of Interactive, Film and Music. If you are involved with a 501(c)(3) organization that focuses on creativity or the arts, please check out the...
Greetings from Washington, DC! Last night marked the third stop of our Summer Meet Up Tour, and boy did we have a great turn out! You brave souls ventured into heavy rain and strong winds to join us for food, drinks, and incredible conversations. The crowd was vibrant and...