Learn more about:
- Speakers who embody the DIY spirit, ingenuity and entrepreneurial drive of SXSW
- Aim to galvanize and empower the audience
- Launch each day of SXSW Film Conference, Saturday through Tuesday
- Feature iconic filmmakers, actors and industry leaders, moderated by a noted journalist, academic or fellow creative
- Aim to advance ongoing understanding of a fluid media landscape
- Offer unique insight and access to essential knowledge and experience
- Engage and entertain!
- Offer essential insight into the art, business and industry of film and media, delivered by the people in the trenches
- Generally consist of 2 - 4 panelists and a moderator
- Range from beginner to advanced level, across a range of subjects
- If you can view it on a screen, chances are you'll learn about it at a SXSW Film panel
- Give you access to experts in acting, social media, cinematography, and more
- Offer practical knowledge and inspiration in the form of hands-on experience
- Cover the latest trends in image acquisition, sound design, casting, and many other areas of interest!
- A chance for one-on-one interaction with experts in film and related fields
- Answer your questions and give you the insight to help advance your career
- Our most popular sessions!
- Participate in vital discussions about innovations and developments in the Film world with the people who know that world best!
- 20 minute one-on-one moderated interviews with three different insiders.
- Connects you with members of the film community and provides the opportunity to learn about the industry from the insiders who are defining and pushing the boundaries of their fields.
- Wide range of topics.
- High energy fifteen minute sessions, three in one hour.
- Tightly focussed and informative.
- Fast, furious and fun!
Photos (from top) by Jesse Knish, Travis Ball, Michael Caulfield, Tanya Rabourn and Heather Kennedy