Current available positions
SXSW, LLC is a forward-thinking company always looking for bright minds. Send us your resume using the address below if you're interested in joining our team.
Looking for an internship? See our Internships Page for information about internships at SXSW.
This role is based in our Austin office only. No remote employment available.
The Brand Manager will work directly with the Sales, Sponsorship and Special Projects teams as well as the Operations Dept. Leading up to SXSW, they will track and manage a large amount of event information leading up to maximize situational awareness and efficiency. During SXSW, they will serve as a central point of communication between various on-site teams that are responsible for executing various elements of an activation. They will help organize and brief the staff crew that checks on said activations to ensure client satisfaction and a smooth event. In addition, they will the objective is to monitor and protect the SXSW brand representation at events leading up to and throughout the festival.
The workload for this position involves heavy email leading up to and during the event. This role will begin in mid-January and ends in April 2017
- Liaise with Legal team as required
- Develop and maintain situational awareness of events
- Coordinate multiple teams internally – pre-event and onsite
- Manage the staffing schedule for various teams
- Work with Special Projects/Legal to compile a list of situational awareness and marketing practices.
- Work with SXSW departments (Sponsorship/Sales/ESR/Safety) on briefing staff or volunteer teams.
- Play a key role in the team scheduling and briefing these staff.
- Work with HR/Sponsorship etc. on the administrative elements of working with other teams.
- Monitors and responds to calls from Client Liaisons regarding events (onsite)
- Produce update reports on ongoing issues/expected issues to inform SXSW internal teams
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE DURATION OF THE SXSW EVENT
- Be highly organized and detail oriented, as well as a strong time manager, multi-tasker, high-stress master
- Background in event production or project management is preferred
- Natural leadership ability and the ability to work with large groups of people
- Proficiency in Filemaker is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), Mac Platform and Google Drive required
- Demonstrate solid, professional communication skills (email, phone and conversation)
- Ability to give and take direction, pay attention to detail and see projects through to completion.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Awareness of general Marketing practices
To apply, send resumes/CVs to email@example.com
The Content Coordinator will work directly with the Brand & Marketing and Programming Groups. They will be responsible for creating and managing social media and website content prior to and during SXSW 2017, with specific a focus on Music or Film or SXSWedu. These roles require an organized and dynamic marketing professional to execute a comprehensive content strategy for the 2017 season. This role begins immediately and ends in April 2017.
- Mandatory Saturday and Pre-Festival Meetings in February and March
- Must be available for the duration of SXSWedu and SXSW, March 6-19
- Assist with curation, writing and posting on SXSW’s social media channels
- Write, edit, and publish blog posts
- Coordinate with clients and presenters on SXSW announcements
- Page formatting updates across sxsw.com
- Sourcing and editing photos for promotional use on website, social media, and marketing platforms including emails and ads
- Liaise with various departments within the Programming Group to create content for Guest Pass, Registrant, and other email campaigns
- Assist with content capture during SXSW
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum of 2 years marketing or digital media experience required
- Experience in high-level special events and conferences preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress, basic HTML, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Experience with Google Docs and the Mac platform
- Excellent communication skills; writing and editing abilities
- Display courteous, professional, and positive attitude when working with SXSW attendees and clients; able to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills paired with time management
- Detail oriented with ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to take ownership over projects, working independently and within a team
- Preferred, but not required: Festival experience, FileMaker, Campaign Monitor
To apply, send resumes/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org