SXSW introduced SXsports® in 2014 as a Convergence track of the annual event. The three-day, sport-focused programming is open to all Film and Interactive registrants, and features sessions, film screenings and more.
Championing a broader perspective on the world of sports unique to SXSW, SXsports explores cultural impact and the human experience, tackles the future of sport in all its forms, and embraces technology and innovation. Rooted in one of the most influential cultural events in the world, SXsports offers the sports industry singular access to creative leaders, early adopters and die-hard fans from across the sports, entertainment and technology industries.
Most conference programming for SXsports occurs at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin (although some Featured Sessions will occur at the Austin Convention Center). Film Screenings will take place at various official SXSW Film venues.
Who Can Attend:
You must have a 2016 SXSW Interactive, Film, Gold or Platinum badge to attend SXsports official programming and events. Register to attend today.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Programming and Events
Additional confirmed programming to be announced soon!
- Opening Featured Session with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver on Friday, March 11
- The Art of the Own - Internet Etiquette and Sports
- The Automated Future of Sports Analysis
- Bass Fishin' Meet Up
- Body Art Stories: Athletes, Tattoos and Instagram
- Content Creation and the Future of Sports TV
- Death of the Stadium
- Disrupting the Instruction Economy
- Dude, Where’s My Par? Making Virtual Reality Golf
- Finding Hidden Gems: Selecting Athletic Talent
- Greening the Big Game
- How Sports Can Slow Innovation
- Is Sports the New Marriage for LGBT Rights?
- League vs. Player: The Battle Off the Field
- Life After Concussions in College Sports
- Old Sports, New Life: Outdoor Culture in Cities
- Pro Athletes Taking Control Of Their Brand Destiny
- Pro Sports & MarTech: Converting Fans to FANATICS!
- The Robo-Athlete: from Average Joe to Super Human
- Sports and The Sharing Economy
- Sports Media's Role in Shaping Social Justice
- Sports Spots and Their Director
- SXsports Meet Up
- @TwitterSports: The Power of Now
- Understanding Supporter Culture in MLS
- Virtual Football is the New Reality
- Why Your Content Needs to Disappear
- World-class Athletes On The Death of Disability
Photo by Amy E. Price/Getty Images