This page may be updated. Please check back regularly – contents are subject to change.
The SXSW Outdoor Stage at Lady Bird Lake event is free and open to the public.
All SXSW participants over the age of 5, including guests to the Outdoor Stage, must adhere to the SXSW Covid-19 guidelines which require proof of a completed primary vaccination series against Covid-19 or a recent, negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours for entry. For expedited entry, download and present your CLEAR app with SXSW Health Pass for proof of vaccination. For more information, visit sxsw.com/clear-health-pass-at-sxsw-2022.
Attendees who are unable to use the CLEAR app as proof of vaccination, or using a test result, will have their documentation checked prior to entry. A physical or digital copy of a vaccination card in the attendees name is accepted. Verified antigen or PCR tests in the attendee’s name are accepted. Please do not bring your test stick as proof of a negative result.
Free COVID-19 testing will be available near the entrance of the SXSW Outdoor Stage at Lady Bird Lake.
Please be informed that preventative health measures (e.g. proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of entry) are required for this show. Details of any additional, necessary measures will be communicated as early as possible and will be shared on the event/venue website and/or social media channels.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our artists and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while attending SXSW events. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, older adults, people with weakened immune systems or underlying medical conditions, children under 5 who are unable to be vaccinated, and those not up to date with the COVID-19 vaccination, are especially vulnerable.
By attending any SXSW event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
There will be private security personnel and Austin Police Department officers present at the event. A first aid tent staffed by medical personnel is located near the main entrance. If you or someone you are with feels unwell, or uncomfortable please make contact with a member of staff or head to the first aid tent. For further general safety advice while at SXSW, please visit sxsw.com/attendee-safety.
SXSW provides sign language interpreters for the concerts at the Outdoor Stage.
All attendees must consent to wanding and/or bag searches as a condition of entry (including re-entry).
Entry will be expedited for patrons without bags or with clear bags.
No bags larger than 18 x 13 x 8.5 inches (46 x 33 x 21 cm) will be allowed into the Outdoor Stage site. Leave valuables at home, or secured in your hotel.
- Drink (Empty water bottles are allowed, and can be refilled at filling stations)
- Professional audio or video recording equipment (unless pre-approved for this show)
- Video cameras or streaming equipment
- Sound systems
- Illegal substances and associated paraphernalia
- Materials for staging protests
- Any and all weapons
Exceptions to Prohibited Items
- Service animals (as defined by the Department of Justice)
- Medications in original packaging
- Food and drink items for consumption by children under 5 years of age
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer or similar person hygiene products
SXSW reserves the right to ask any person(s) to leave or have them removed if they:
- Are found to be in possession of any prohibited item and refuse to surrender such item to security for disposal.
- Fail to abide by the SXSW Code of Conduct.
- Engage in any behavior determined by a City of Austin Police Officer or SXSW Event Organizers to be illegal, immoral or disruptive.
- Appear to be too intoxicated.
- A valid, government-issued ID will be required to purchase and/or consume alcohol, or to access areas that are designated 21 and over.
- Smoking, vaping or using electronic cigarettes is prohibited throughout the Outdoor Stage event site (per City of Austin ordinance).
- SXSW may take photographs and/or audio/video recordings at the Outdoor Stage. By attending the Outdoor Stage event, you consent to SXSW’s use of your image, name, voice and/or likeness for any purpose, including in SXSW marketing materials, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.