The ninth annual SXSW Accelerator® Pitch Event returns to showcase some of the most exciting tech innovations – could your project or startup be one? Enter before the Sunday, November 13 entry deadline for a chance to put your startup before a live audience and panel of expert judges, and on the front line of product demonstrations and funding opportunities.
The SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event is proud to be the catalyst of many dreams and successes. From 2009 to 2016, 71% of all 353 finalists received over $3.1 billion in funding, and 14% were acquired by Fortune 500 companies. Join the ranks of our prestigious alums including Siri, Klout, Hipmunk, Tango, and more.
Read on to discover top reasons to apply from SXSW Accelerator’s Chris Valentine as well as what items staff and advisors look for in a successful application.
Top 5 Reasons to Enter
- Product validation – Opportunity to showcase your project and startup on a global stage with the goal of matching each startup with top investors both nationally and internationally.
- Work on your Startup Elevator Pitch via pre-event coaching. SXSW Accelerator Coaches work closely with the finalists to assist them in their onstage presentations.
- Over $4k in prize money awarded to the winners of each SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event category.
- Marketing of startup finalists on SXSW media channels and global media channels that attend the event.
- Access to the highest level of influencers from investors, media, and thought leaders.
Top 5 Tips for Entry Success
- Meet the minimum – review the SXSW Accelerator Eligibility Criteria
- Showcasing a startup that is innovative and disruptive
- Share a video – there’s no better way to convey a thorough sense of your project than through a demo video
- Showcase what makes you different in the market (i.e. What is your market differentiator? What is unique about your project? Why should people be excited about it?)
- Highlight key members from you team and/or those supporting your startup (Staff, Advisory Board, Board Members, Mentors, Funders, Accelerator and/or Incubator involvement, etc.)
Enter the 2017 SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event
Taking place at SXSW Startup Village at the Hilton Austin Downtown on Saturday, March 11 and Sunday, March 12, this event provides an outlet for companies to present their product to a panel of industry experts, early adopters, and representatives from the angel/VC community.
Products or services must fall within one of the SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event’s 10 different categories and follow launch date eligibility requirements. Read the SXSW Accelerator FAQ for further information.
Watch the Spotlight on the SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event video, and stay tuned to SXSW News throughout the season for announcements. Enter your project before the application deadline on Sunday, November 13 at 11:59pm CT.