Applications for 2019 are now closed. Browse proposals, leave comments, and vote to help shape the March event during Community Voting from August 6-30.
Get your session proposals in before the final deadline on Sunday, July 22 11:59pm PT. We encourage the community to upload proposals related to interactive, film and, music industries in variety of session formats including panels, solo presentations, workshops, and more.
The PanelPicker® is a two-step online process that allows the SXSW community to have a significant voice in Conference programming for SXSW as well as SXSW EDU and SXSW Gaming.
To begin, simply create a new user account or login at panelpicker.sxsw.com. If you created a general SXSW account in 2013 or later, you will be able to use the same login and password for PanelPicker. Each individual account may enter only one (1) proposal for the SXSW Conference. Explore our 25 Tracks of programming including descriptions and dates on the SXSW Conference page.
Tips for Success
Browse tips for creating a successful proposal below and stay tuned to SXSW News for more PanelPicker information and updates.
- Follow the instructions and read the PanelPicker FAQ for important information about SXSW and more valuable tips for creating a great proposal.
- Create a future-focused, original proposal that shows what you’re passionate about.
- Depth and specificity – the more specific a proposal is, the better. Drill down to what really matters.
- Your title should reflect your description – think simple, accurate, and succinct. Tip: Avoid all CAPS titles.
- Diversity matters – all panels (3-4 person sessions) must include diversity in gender, race, location and employment of speakers, and diversity in thought and opinion.
- Include a video with your proposal. Your speaking abilities matter and we’d like to see them. No fancy production required.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread. Did we mention to proofread? Once you have completed your draft idea and clicked “Enter My Proposal,” you will NOT be able to edit your idea. Be sure you have reviewed your proposal carefully.
- Meet the deadline. The FINAL deadline for 2019 PanelPicker entry is July 22, 2018 at 11:59pm PT.
Read the PanelPicker FAQ for important information about SXSW, the PanelPicker entry process, and valuable tips.