Stay tuned to SXSW News and this page for information on SXSW 2019 registration, application periods, and more coming in Summer 2018.
Applications for the 2018 SXSW Music Festival are now closed
Application Fees and Deadlines
- SXSW 2018 Early Deadline: Friday, September 8, 2017 at 11:59PM PT ($35 fee)
- SXSW 2018 Final Deadline: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 11:59PM PT ($55 fee)
How to Submit a Showcase Application
- Go to https://cart.sxsw.com/products/bandapp
- Click “Sign In” at the top right of the page, then either log in or create an account. You MUST have a SXSW authorized account to fill out an application.
- When you are logged in, click “Apply Now” to open the application.
- Fill out all relevant information. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk.
- Click “Submit Application”
- On the next page, click “Checkout Now” to lead to the payment page.
- Enter your payment information, read and agree to the terms and conditions, and click “Confirm Purchase”
- On the next page, you must click “Complete Your Purchase” to finish the transaction.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the person listed as primary contact.
Housing Information for Music Participants
Should you or your band be accepted as a Showcasing Artist for SXSW 2018, you will have access to a protected block of rooms through SXSW Housing & Travel. While we hold a large number of rooms in Downtown Austin for our artists, they do sell out every year, and are first come, first served among artists. Once you’re given access to your Artist Information page, you are able to make your hotel reservations there. In the meantime, check out SXSW Housing & Travel for more information about our hotels, pricing, reservation policies, and travel information.