As we approach the Friday, September 6 deadline, SXSW PanelPicker voting has entered the stretch run. Have you browsed the 3000+ proposals yet? By checking out the Non-Profit and Activism theme and searching for keywords, you can find some interesting trends coming from the social good crowd.
Speaking of crowd, activists are exploring ways that crowdfunding and gamification can help meet the needs of their communities in PanelPicker proposals such as these ones:
- The Future of Crowdfunding for Communities
- AmplifyATX: Gamification of Giving Days
- Viral Crowdfunding: Story, Team & Gamification
Many in the social impact world are looking at successful for-profit business models for inspiration. We received several PanelPicker proposals along those lines:
- Bootstrapping a Startup Ecosystem
- What If Lean Startup & Social Good Had a Baby?
- For Good And Profit: Impact Entrepreneurship FTW
- Doing Good and Making Money
- Level Up Your Online Fundraising
- Long Tail Fundraising in a Digital World
Whatever your perspective on these topics, we want your input. Register for a FREE SXSW PanelPicker account and let us know what you want to see most at the event this March 7-11 in Austin.
SXSW PanelPicker voting closes at the end of next week, so be sure to comment and vote before it's too late!