How to Convince Your Boss to Send You to SXSW 2024
South by Southwest is the premier destination for global thought leaders working on new ideas to cultivate creativity and build a better future. From March 8-16, experience 9 days of collaboration, learning, networking, inspiration, and beyond at the 2024 SXSW Conference & Festivals.
From tech startup competitions and future-focused exhibitors to global emerging talent and buzz-worthy speakers, SXSW fosters creative and professional growth across a multitude of industries.
This might be an easy sell to you but how about to your company? We know that registration and travel can add up and be a daunting request to your supervisor. So, we've created a list of key takeaways and a handy form letter to help bolster your case to attend SXSW 2024, advance your own professional and personal development, and return an even stronger asset to your company.
South By the Numbers
Nine out of ten registrants say they achieved their goals and would make an effort to attend SXSW again. Groups of creatives across tech, film, and music industries converge in Austin each March and make SXSW a focal point for exploration, discovery, and connection. Take a look back at some standout stats from last season.
What to Expect from SXSW
- Unique opportunities to interact directly with attendees from other areas of expertise and parts of the world
- Create lasting business connections
- Evolve your understanding of current practices
- Network with people outside of your industries
- Invest in new companies
- Level up your professional development skills with one-on-one mentor sessions as well as workshops and meetups
- Find new business opportunities and collaborators
- Launch a new product or service
- Explore and experience “what’s next” across 24 Conference tracks
- Set the creative tone for the year
- Double fist tacos, BBQ, and BBQ tacos
- Get inspired by diverse programming from visionaries and industry experts
- Experience new cutting-edge tech, live music performances, film and television premieres, interactive art, and much more
- Expect the unexpected!
Enter your email below to download a PDF to help in drafting your request to attend SXSW:
See you in March!
SXSW Attendee – Photo by Tico Mendoza