To apply for press credentials, you must be a journalist (freelance or photographer included) on assignment with a media outlet. We require your assigning Editor or Producer to provide a letter of assignment on company letterhead to accompany your application. Processing your application can take up to 15 business days. While the deadline to apply for 2014 SXSW press credentials is end of the day on Wednesday, February 5, we strongly recommend not waiting until then. Why? The earlier you apply, the earlier you can get registered and the earlier you can book a hotel room -- desired hotels in the downtown vicinity book up very, very quickly for SXSW. A full breakdown of steps and procedures for thisl process is listed in detail on our Press Accreditation page.
As for other press-related items, please mark your calendar with these upcoming SXSW Interactive Festival deadlines for the 2014 season:
- August 1: Interactive Awards & SXSW Accelerator entry period opens.
- August 11-14: SXSW V2V in Las Vegas.
- August 19: PanelPicker community voting starts
- September 6: PanelPicker community voting closes.
- September 6: Last day to register to attend SXSW 2014 at the early-bird rate.
- October 14: SXSW Interactive first programming announcement.
- November 8: Interactive Awards & SXSW Accelerator entry period closes.
Photo by Photos.com.