Sessions for the 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival occur at more than 10 different venues in and around downtown Austin. Why so many different spots? Because with so many amazing sessions, we simply can’t get all the content into one space.
Also, don’t believe the mis-information that the best way to experience SXSW is to stay at the Austin Convention Center. If you don’t leave the Austin Convention Center, then you will miss out on the full range of content for which so many people love SXSW. This full range includes:
- AT&T Conference Center (1900 University Ave) -- Workshops
- Austin Convention Center (500 E Cesar Chavez St) -- Assorted Programming
- Courtyard Austin Downtown (300 E 4th St) -- Work and Career
- Downtown Hilton Austin (500 E 4th St) -- Health and Business; Startup Village
- Driskill (604 Brazos St) -- SXsports; Entertainment and Immersion
- Four Seasons (98 San Jacinto Blvd) -- Design & Development
- Hilton Garden Inn (500 North IH-35) -- Mentor Sessions; MVMT House
- Holiday Inn (20 North IH-35) -- Latinos in Tech
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin (701 Congress) -- Convergence Meet Ups
- Long Center (701 W Riverside Dr) -- Gaming
- Radisson (111 E Cesar Chavez St) -- WTF and Beyond
- Hyatt (208 Barton Springs Rd) -- Intelligent Future
- Omni (700 San Jacinto Blvd) -- Art, Science and Inspiration
- Sheraton (701 E 11th St) -- Social and Privacy
Is exploring the venue system at SXSW Interactive difficult? No, not at all. Most of these venues are located within relatively easy walking distance of each other in downtown Austin. Or, make use of the free SXSW Interactive Festival Shuttles to speed from one location to another.
Visit the Venues & Shuttles page to learn more about these locations and the buses that connect them. Also, view the cool map from New York artist Dan Shefelman to get a big-picture idea of where all this 2014 content will take place.
EXPLORE poster courtesy Mike King of Crash America.