Thank you for your interest in serving on one of the SXSW Advisory Boards. Advisory Board members and Competition Judges not only play an important role in helping SXSW staff choose and shape the content that appears at the event each year, they are also representatives for the events that they advise, building community support, and creating excitement about SXSW.
The following applies to all advisory and judge positions:
- Roughly 10 to 20 collective hours of work, depending on the event.
- Availability through, and adherence to, timelines listed for each event.
- Prompt response to communications.
- Absolute discretion. Votes and/or opinions on proposals or applications are NOT to be shared via social media or via any other channels, etc.
- SXSW BADGE – One (1) complementary 2020 SXSW Platinum Badge (registration).
- FREE TRANSFER – If you are unable to attend SXSW 2020, but still wish to participate in the 2020 Advisory Board you can transfer your comp Advisory Board Badge to someone else for the 2020 event.
- HOTEL BLOCK – SXSW does not cover transportation or hotel costs, but there is a limited number of downtown hotel rooms set aside for Advisory Board members on a first come, first served basis.
- Competition and PanelPicker Entry
- SXSW Pitch — If you have submitted a Business Application for possible participation in the Pitch event, you cannot serve as an Advisory Board Member.
- All other events – You may enter the competition but cannot grade/judge your own proposal/application.
- Will be reassessed after each year of grading to determine continued status.
- Will not be issued a complimentary SXSW badge (registration) or invited back if all required tasks have not been fulfilled in the allotted time.
- Will have involvement revoked and will not be invited back if SXSW Code of Conduct is violated.
Before you apply please take a moment to look through the information about each available opportunity detailed in the sections below. SXSW Staff will review each completed application to determine suitability and compatibility. If confirmed you will be given more detailed information about your tasks.