Vockah Redu puts maple syrup in his tea.
Redu, a purveyor of Bounce Music, grew up in the tough and famed Magnolia Housing Projects in New Orleans. If you haven't heard Bounce (I hadn't either until last year when a friend sent me a compilation and it instantly became a favorite genre in the hip hops category), peep this awesome craziness.
My intern, the übercooler than me Elizabeth Belle, caught Vockah at last year's SXSW and said it was the superfun, complete with backup dancers and costume changes.
I'm thrilled to bits he took time to toss us an LPQ/P3 and here you go...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Vockah Redu
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
Make It Last Forever - Keith Sweat
Ribbon In The Sky- Stevie Wonder
In The Air Tonight- Phil Collins
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? The Joker
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Inspector Gadget
4. What superpower do you wish you had? To be able to fly!!!
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Vockah NOT Whiskey
Andrew W.K.: He knows how to party!
Baauer: Nice DJ sets!
Don't you wanna come away, lp