SXSW V2V starts this Sunday! Adventure is just around the corner with great programming to galvanize your entrepreneurial spirit, while the dark hours promise tantalizing sounds that will serve to remind us that music is the universal language.
The most excellent SXSW Music Fest bookers have put together two nights of showcases at The Backstage Bar and Billiards. If you're headed to Vegas or if you're already there, don't be missing out!
Today's participants. Tashaki Miyaki, come from the City of Angels and play dreamy pop that's indie in nature with melodies quite soft and sweet. They're currently in the midst of recording their first full-length album. All three members sent in answers so it's a triple dose of LPQ goodness.
The LP Questionnaire
Names: Rocky, Lucy and Dora
Do you have any nicknames? Lucy: Dora's nickname is Lil D. That's the main nickname of this group.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
Rocky: Dru Down- Pimp of the Year
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Misfits - Where Eagles Dare
Mazy Star- Flowers in December
Misfits - Last Caress
Nirvana- About a Girl
The Vines - Mary Jane
The Beatles - All You Need is Love
The Velvet Underground - I've Found a Reason
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Rocky: Skeletor from He-Man. Dora: Wizard of Oz's Wicked Witch of the West. She'd definitely have all the best shoes.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Rocky: Beavis and Butthead. Lucy: The Simpsons. Dora: The Little Mermaid.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Rocky: Time Travel. Lucy: flying like Superman, or maybe just all of Superman's powers. Dora: I wish had a magic remote that could rewind and fast forward to any moment in time.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Rocky: Slap Master. Lucy: Shades of Glory. Dora: She Conquered The World.
We hope that you're enjoying this summer LPQ action. You can keep here. I'll be back next week with more from Palenke Soultribe and Nightmare Air.
Let's go get away, lp
Photo courtesy of the artist