Our calendars are marked, and it’s not for Christmas. This time we have our eyes set on the pending release of Oculus in Q1 of 2016, and the journey we’re on leading to its launch:
- How will we be sold on Oculus? Well the beautiful Eve: Valkyrie isn’t a bad start at all.
- Speaking of Eve: Valkyrie, game creator at CCP Games is just one of many booming VR startups coming from… well, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Drama ensues as Mark Zuckerberg is called to a Texan court to testify in an Oculus lawsuit involving former Id Software employee, and current Oculus employee, John Carmack.
- Take it to the ring with Showtime’s VR recording of its recent broadcast between Daniel "The Miracle Man" Jacobs and Peter Quillin.
- Once VR has come and gone, we still have AR to look forward to as Magic Leap has raised an additional $827 million in funding.
Although the VR and AR industries will continue to grow very rapidly, you can be sure to find the latest that these industries have to offer at SXSW 2016.
Registration for SXSW 2016 is open, so make sure to get your badge.
Miss the last week’s VR/AR Roundup? Click here to read on.
Preview photo by Debbie Finley
Blog photo by Amy Ellinger