Thank you for your interest in covering SXSW Online 2021
To apply for credentials, the assigning Editor/Producer must fill out the application form. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments. If you are not the assigning Editor/Producer or are a freelance journalist or photographer, please forward this form to the appropriate person to be completed.
We take your coverage plans into consideration when reviewing your application to cover SXSW Online and expect coverage to be thoughtful, insightful, informative and consistent with your stated coverage plan. We do not consider social media or a compilation of photos, videos or articles unrelated to SXSW Online events as press coverage.
Please note the following:
• ONE designated point person in your media outlet should complete this application, on behalf of your organization, for ALL personnel wishing to cover the event on behalf of the outlet. Individual attendees should be listed within that single application. You will be able to submit additional attendees over time if you do not yet have all your assignment plans set.
• Requests for accreditation will only be considered if submitted via this official online process with the application form completed accordingly. Application requests sent by email will not be accepted.
• As part of this online credential application, the assigning Editor/Producer MUST provide a letter of assignment on behalf of each individual attendee on company letterhead, stating a description of your outlet, the name of the journalist(s) assigned to attend and the scope of the coverage. If you are submitting multiple attendees, you only need to write one letter of assignment that lists coverage details for each individual on one overarching document. Just be sure to re-attach it directly to each individual application. If you are a freelance journalist or photographer, you must be on assignment from a publication and provide an official letter of assignment.
• Only actively covering, legitimate media will be considered for credentials. Analysts, Market Researchers, Marketing / Advertising firms, Brand Content Producers, Consultants, Media Coaches, Educators, Filmmakers, Influencers, YouTubers, etc. are not included in the SXSW definition of legitimate media. If you fall into this category, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment, and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor.
• Press credential applications should be filled out as soon as possible and walk-up requests will not be granted.
• Your application is not considered complete until receipt of your letter of assignment. Please upload your letter of assignment within 5 business days of filling out this application. Incomplete applications will be cancelled within 2 weeks.
• Once your application is complete, please allow SXSW 15 complete business days to consider your request.
• SXSW reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
If you’re trying to reach a specific person in the Public Relations Department, please contact them directly:
• Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Film Festival: email@example.com
• Music Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, The SXSW Public Relations Department