- Universal launches Global Music Data Alliance
Post from Complex.
- Google announces 'Cast' line of home audio products
Post from Ars Technica.
- Nick Cave announces skateboard collection
Story from Billboard. ...
It's a new year, which means it's time to gear up for the SXSW Music Festival! We're kicking 2015 off with four Australian artists who have all been making big waves over the past few years.
We’re thrilled to announce Mazda as the official automobile of SXSW for the next three years.
They’ll be deep in the heart of the Texas-sized action to help you connect, watch, listen and of course eat your way across the live music and BBQ capital of the world.
- Top album of 2014 depends on how you count
Story from NY Times.
- 2014 was another bad year for music sales
Post from Gigaom.
- How the control queen lost her touch when the media went social
Story from ...
- Joe Cocker dies
Obituary from NY Times.
- Why is pop still popular in 2014?
Essay from Vanyaland.
- Global Music Rights threatens to sue YouTube over 20,000 songs
Post from Holllywood Reporter. ...
Americana World Headquarters host and primary programmer for SXSWfm, Kevin Connor, has a pretty simple explanation for his beloved musical genre: “where folk, rock, country, blues, bluegrass, soul and so many sounds come together.”
Mr. Connor highlighted his picks for the top Americana releases of 2014 on yesterday’s episode....