South By Southwest® Music News
The landscape for independent record labels has changed quite a bit over the last several decades. An expert team of people with first-hand experience on the topic assembled for a discussion at the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
The panel - which included Sire Records co-founders Seymour Stein and Richard Gottehrer,...
This past March, we were happy to welcome first time music showcase presenter Boss Tweed Backline to host a killer lineup of stoner rock and metal bands at The North Door.
- Pandora wins appeals court ruling on ASCAP rates
Story from NY Times.
- Sony pulls music from Soundcloud following revenue dispute
Post from NME.
- Nina Simone's songs in limbo as Sony Music battles family over secret deal
Story from ...
Some of the best exposure you can get at SXSW Eco is where all attendees spend their in-between time: on their mobile phones.
This weekend, psychedelic music lovers galore will be flocking out to the picturesque Carson Creek Ranch for Austin Psych Fest’s eighth annual event, Levitation. This year might just be the best lineup yet with some of the most groundbreaking acts within the scene, including The Jesus and Mary Chain,...
- A new Grooveshark is online and streaming music
Post from The Verge.
- Apple said to be without key music deals weeks ahead of rumored streaming service launch
Post from Billboard.
- De La Soul's Kickstarter campaign raises $600,874
We know it feels like SXSW 2015 happened just yesterday, but we’re already beginning to look towards next year. Mark your calendars: artist applications for the 2016 SXSW Music Festival will open on Monday, June 29.
Sonicbids will return as the official SXSW Music Festival application platform for 2016....