South By Southwest Music News
A total of twelve new releases from official SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists await your eager ears this week.
- RIAA sues music linking site MP3skull
Post from Ars Technica.
- How the digital music industry can spin your listening habits into ad dollars
Story from Adweek.
- Pandora to replace two board members with music industry figures
Story from ...
Update: The newest episode of the SXSW Film Score is now streaming on SXSWfm's Mixcloud. Listen below or click here to listen on Mixcloud.
- The man who broke the music business
Story from The New Yorker.
- At Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, a generational push and pull
Review from NY Times.
- Gene Simmons: 'I live to make more money'
- Young collectors explain their vinyl obsessions
Story from BBC Newsbeat.
- The baffling (and slightly insane) world of streaming payments, explained
Post from Billboard.
- Tidal launches feature to promote emerging artists
Post from The Guardian. ...
Record Store Day is one of our favorite days of the year here at SXSW headquarters. Our online radio channel, SXSWfm, will also be celebrating throughout the day tomorrow, Saturday, April 18.
- Opponents of free music want YouTube reeled in
Post from Bloomberg.
- Albini on Tidal and the problem with 'little streaming fiefdoms'
Interview from Vulture.
- Wiz Khalifa breaks record for most Spotify streams in 24 hours
Post from The ...
The fact that fans have moved to streaming and mobile is not news. And we know fan data is out there. Lots of it. But how is that impacting your bottom line as a working musician, and how can you access and use that info?
As Executive Director at the...