North Carolina based indie folk band Lost in the Trees ventured to Austin this past March for their third SXSW. They came in support of their fourth LP, Past Life, which was released on ANTI- Records earlier this year....
- BMI revenue collections grow to $977 million
Story from Billboard.
- What the music industry could learn from digital marketing
Post from Mashable.
- Woody Guthrie's New York
Story from NY Times. ...
- Jason Isbell sweeps top Americana honors
Story from The Tennessean.
- 21 beloved pop songs, redone as pie charts and graphs
Post from Wired.
- Dice wants to be the first gig ticketing giant that music fans adore
Post from ...
Taking its name from front man Taylor Wilkins' simpatico canine, Wilkins and drummer Jud Johnson formed Otis The Destroyer from the ashes of local favorites The Couch, and have subsequently injected a dose of self-described "fast-paced, psychedelic" sound into the Austin music scene....
- CD-loving Japan resists move to digital music
Story from NY Times.
- 12 colleges with fascinating music-listening habits
Story from USA Today.
- Electric guitar overtakes violin in music lesson boom
Story from BBC News. ...
There aren’t many one-man bands that inspire and move the crowd quite like Possessed by Paul James. Konrad Wert’s music is a fierce combination of instruments and styles, deftly switching between guitar, fiddle and banjo all while stomping and singing passionately throughout his live sets....