I have to thank Danielle at Nettwerk for turning me on to Run River North, one of my favorite discoveries so far this year.
Of course, I must confess to some bias being a fellow Korean, but the sounds are sweet, Americana with shades of Head and the Heart and Of Monsters and Men, and this six-piece from LA is sure to win lots o' fans at next month's fest.
The band will head out on tour with Goo Goo Dolls in April but be sure to check them out here next week at either of their two official showcases.
Lead singer Alex Hwang took some time out to do the LPQ.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Alex Hwang
Do you have any nicknames? In high school: Bundy // As a band: The Asian (insert band with guitars and harmonies - usually Mumford, wishing it was Tenacious D once in awhile).
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
Ms. Jackson - Outkast
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Simba and Nala
We Are The Future - H.O.T.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Darth Vader (post Palpatine toss)
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Rocko's Modern Life and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
4. What superpower do you wish you had? The Force
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Hush Dat Fuss - The Outcast of Outkast
Allen Stone: We wrote our band name next to his in the green room at the Crocodile in Seattle, WA and I have yet to experience his music live.
Boy and Bear: We are label mates and I would like to say hello and introduce ourselves.
Soul Khan: We went to the same high school and I've been following his story online - it'd be great to finally see the live show.
The LP Questionnaires are almost done. Sadface. You can check out the whole of the archive here
And I will walk and talk, lp
Photo by Catie Lafoon